About The Ebonstone Tower

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Concerning “Escape From Valn”

          I am pleased to announce that I will be bringing you a story from the World of Aihrde. The homeworld of the Castles & Crusades Roleplaying Game.  I feel very fortunate to be doing so as this required me to get in touch with the Troll Lords at Troll Lord Games.  Tim Burns accepted my inquiry and responded with a green light, giving me the go-ahead to write this tale.  I have been both excited and anxious to step into the light, and do a tie-in fiction that is more than just playing around with various characters, and so with the release of this story, I hope to gain a new level of growth in my budding career as a writer.  For this I offer the Troll Lords my many thanks. 

          Now, about “Escape From Valn”.  “Escape from Valn” is essentially a tale that characterizes the circumstances which can be used to bring a group of adventurers together.  Most often, in the games that I have seen, partaken in, or GM’ed, everyone somehow managed to know one another even though their backgrounds were as different as fire and ice, that was how things played out without any question as to how it came to be that way.  In this tale, we will see a group of absolute strangers, each from varied backgrounds, thrown into a situation where their survival depends solely upon whether they choose to place personal and cultural prejudices before their own safety, or put aside their differences and fight with one common goal in mind, survival.  Due to the many interruptions I have had in writing this story, I will be putting it up in parts, with the whole story entering the Ebonstone Tower once the whole story is complete. 

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the story;

W. R. Frady

           Castles & Crusades, Troll Lord Games, and The World of Aihrde are registered trademarks of Chenault & Gray, LLC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment